Jupiter Industrial Works Thane has established a prime position for itself amongst leading manufacturers of Hose Clips, Clamps and coupling since the year 1963.
Jupiter clamps serve fail-proof joining solutions to various sectors viz. Automotive, Tractors, Diesel Engines, Irrigation, Marine, Chemical, Electrical, Filtration and many others. Since the past five decades, we have been continuously serving reputed OEMs and commercial markets worldwide.
Having rich experience in the industry, Jupiter team take pride in providing varied clamping solutions to suit the needs of its clients.
Main Categories of clamps covered are,
- Worm Drive Clamps
- T-Bolt Clamps
- V-Band Clamps
- Pipe Clips
- Muffler Clamps
Additionally, our team had various opportunities to develop special designs for Gas Turbine applications and clamps to suit the US Military Standard. Certain designs developed by us are patented
Our plants are well equipped with advanced machinery for the purposes of development and manufacturing & have its own special processes in-house viz. Trivalent Plating plant & Heat treatment. ETP plant is also in place for waste water recycling. We run our own Design Validation Process (DVP & R) with all necessary testing equipment. It is backed up with skilled employees who take efforts to ensure the quality of the clamps by testing their strength and reliability. Every clamp is passed through several quality checkpoints & is embossed with a batch number for reverse traceability.
In the year 1963, Mr. P.G. Gogate, B.E. Mech., founded the unit originally at Shriwardhan, a village situated in Raigad District, Maharashtra, India. Whilst barely having people in his team, he took relentless efforts in order to establish “Jupiter” in the field of clamping industry. He only believed customer satisfaction to be the ultimate goal.
Gradually, in the year 1972, a new branch unit was started in Thane, Maharashtra for manufacturing specialised clamps which required high technology.
The year 1986 saw the conversion of this unit into a partnership firm by introducing his son Mr. Mahendra P. Gogate as a Partner thereby giving a new identity to the organization by the name of “Jupiter Industrial Works Thane”. By following the same path and keeping updated with latest technology & market trends, this unit is progressing by leaps and bounds. Jupiter team is continuously achieving new goals with core values of Quality, Integrity & timely response under his leadership.
In early 2000, we achieved QMS ISO: 9001:2000 certification which was upgraded to ISO/TS 16949:2009 and now upgraded to IATF 16949:2016.
Jupiter team is now aiming for global growth, drawing strengths from its existing product and plant synergies and adding new product lines, new plants and expanding manufacturing capacities. To steer ahead, new methods and tools like Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, MRP II are being implemented.
- 1963 Established parent unit at Shriwardhan
- 1967 Supplies started to Kirloskar Cummins Ltd. which is now known as Cummins India Ltd
- 1972 New branch outgrown in Thane, Maharashtra
- 1986 Partnership firm established with new identity “Jupiter Industrial Works Thane”
- 1988 Acquired land at Paud, Near Pune, Maharashtra
- 1992 Patent acquired for Duplex Power press.
- 1997 Export market tapped.
- 2000 Acquired ISO 9001:1994 QMS certification
- 2003 Upgraded QMS to ISO 9001:2000
- 2006 Acquired Patent for Cosnt. Pressure Worm Drive Clamp
- 2009 QMS upgraded to ISO 9001:2008 certifications
- 2011 Direct export started to Cummins USA plants
- 2012 QMS upgraded to ISO /TS 16949:2009
- 2014 Acquired new land in Rabale
- 2016 Hired new plant in Rabale
- 2017 Shifted to own plant in Rabale
- 2018 QMS upgraded to IATF 16949:2016